Information on the modular training for the Federal Proessional Certificate in geomatics technology
- Technical Requirements: Personal Laptop (GIS modules require Windows)
- Basic or optional modules are each concluded with a module examination.
- Module tests with min. Grade 4 is considered successful
- After successful completion of 5 basic and 5 optional modules, the final thesis for the federal professional certificate follows.
Basic Module Course
- Start of the basic module course is each August and it lasts until July of the following year
- If enough registrations are received, a second course will be held. (a few months later)
- We recommend to book the basic modules together
- All 5 basic modules must be successfully completed.
- Secure your place, you can register at any time
- We recommend attending the elective modules after completing the basic module course.
- At least 5 modules from the selection of 10 must be successfully completed.
The following overview shows the current phases at which time the individual modules are executed: Schedule from 2018 (PDF)
For holiday planning:
- The holiday plan of the Canton of Zurich serves as the basis for holiday planning: Holidays Canton of Zurich
- Exception: Modules can take place in week 33!
- Wabern (Bern)
Further recommendations for the planning of modular courses:
- The time burden should not be underestimated – at least two years should be planned for the course.
- Basic or elective modules can take place on the same day.
- The implementation of the elective modules depends on the minimum number of registrations.
- Module prices and lesson times can change slightly
General provisions of the QS-K on Module Examination
- Module examinations are a part of the professional certificate and are controlled and monitored by the QS-K.
- They have fixed time and point specifications.
- Successfully completed modules are valid for 6 years
- Unless otherwise stated, the rule is that a handwritten A4 summary may be used for each subject.
Further information on module examinations can be found in the following documents (all in German):
After successful examinations of the basic modules and five optional modules, the final examination takes the form of a thesis. Final examinations are held in spring and autumn.